Monday, February 22, 2010

Peanut Butter White Chocolate Pop Corn

A few weeks ago, Mandy and I made some of grandmas famous caramel popcorn.(posted here, thanks to Maegan) We devoured it and then talked about all the other yummy things we could coat popcorn with. Chocolate popcorn, ranch popcorn, candied popcorn, jello sprinkled pop corn, Chex mix flavored popcorn, etc.

I have had pop corn on my mind since then.

Yesterday, I concocted this version
I wanted to try something different than the carmel popcorn, since I knew everyone already liked that.

I busted out my organic pop corn
cooked in in organic unrefined coconut oil
heated up some all natural organic peanut butter
Then smothered all that healthy goodness with a bag of melted Hersheys white chocolate chips and some regular old semi sweet chocolate chips.
It was delicious! (notice every picture I took has my kids hands in it. I couldn't keep them out of it!) I am going to be trying different pop corn recipes and will be sure to post the good ones here.

2/3 cup unpopped pop corn (dont use the microwave stuff unless you absolutely HAVE TO)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 bag white chocolate chips
a few handfuls of semi sweet chocolate chips

Pop corn in air popper or on stove. Dump it into a bowl and shake it gently to separate the kernels that didnt pop. Remove the unpopped kernels. In a double broiler, melt the white chocolate chips and then add peanut butter. Stir until well combined. Pour over popcorn and stir to coat evenly. Add chocolate chips and spread out onto a cookie sheet to cool and harden.

2 comments:

Kobie said...

Mmmm! Yum! I've gotta try this. I love the little hands in the pictures.

♥Tami said...

That looks yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...