Thursday, February 11, 2010

Toffe Bars

These are a recipe that has been passed down from Grandma Hymas. From what I hear, she used to make them quite often and was famous for them (and her yummy popcorn)

In my opinion, these are better than rice krispy treats for a few reasons. #1 - they are topped with chocolate!! #2 - I have not had good luck with Rice krispy treats in the past, it is a tricky process to get them soft and gooey.

I have made these a number of times and they are consistently soft and easy to make.

Toffee Bars
In a heavy sauce pan, combine:
1 cup Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
cook until sugar dissolves
Remove from heat
Then add 1 cup peanut butter and stir well until it is all incorporated
Add 7 cups rice krispies and stir until everything is coated
spread into a greased 9 x 13 pan and let cool a few minutes.

Top with 1 cup milk chocolate chips and 1 cup butterscotch chips that have been melted together.

Let cool and cut into squares

2 comments:

Kobie said...

I love these! My mom makes them. Growing up we didn't keep them in the fridge, but I have since learned that they are really yummy cold. Try it, if you haven't.

I'm gonna have to try this recipe and see how it compares to what I grew up with. Yum!!! Sunday night dessert!

♥Tami said...

Raygon they are called Scotcheroos! Silly! Ü

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...