Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sugar Cookies

What would Valentine's Day be without heart shaped sugar cookies? It's been a long time since I have made any so I had to search for a new recipe, one that didn't include shortening. A personal preference. I decided to search out a recipe for Lofthouse cookies. You know, those super yummy, super soft cookies you buy in the bakery section? This recipe wasn't an exact replica, but they sure did hit the spot! They were so soft and so addicting! Beware!

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cup sour cream
5 1/2 cups flour (until desired consistency for rolling)

*I cut this into thirds because I didn't need a zillion cookies. With my modified measurements I got two dozen cookies.
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2-2 cups flour

Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and sour cream. Mix in dry ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Roll out dough to a 1/4 to 3/8 inch thickness using a generous amount of flour. Cut out shapes and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Frost and decorate as desired.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Why is it everytime I see sugar cookies I have to make some and eat like 3 dozen? Thanks for the recipe, looks so yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...