Monday, February 8, 2010

Fresh Mango Bread

I made this for my mom's 60th birthday party, it was a Hawaiian themed party. It is really good, similiar to banana bread or zucchini bread,a nice change, my kids had never eaten mangos before and this was a great way to introduce a new fruit! I found this recipe at www.recipezaar.com

Makes 2 loaves

2 c flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 c granulated sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 c vegetable oil (I use olive)
2 1/2 c mangoes, peeled and chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 c raisins (optional, I left them out)

Preheat ovent to 350 degrees. Combine all of the dry ingredients. Beat eggs with oil and add to flour mixture. Add mangos, lemon juice and raisins. Mix well. Pour into 2 greased 8x4 loaf pans. Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...