Sunday, February 7, 2010

Baked Raised Doughnuts

My girls love doughnuts, but I hate fried food! They rarely get them so when I came across this recipe for baked doughnuts from a good family friend, I was so happy! It's a little more effort than just buying them at the store, but it's worth the extra work!

1 3/4 cup water
1/3 cup dry powdered milk
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon*
1 tsp. nutmeg*
4 1/2 cups flour
2 tbs. yeast

Mix and knead all ingredients together. Let rise until doubled. Roll out and cut into doughnuts. Place on cookie sheet and let rise again until double. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.

*I don't like to add the flavor to my dough, I would rather add it to the top of the doughnuts after they are cooked. Feel free to change it up according to what your family likes.

2 comments:

RPH said...

BAKED donughts? Kobie, these are going to kill me!

I am going to try them this week. Oh yummmmmm...

Becca said...

I made these two days ago, we loved them! I didn't even feel guilty about giving them to my kids! I did make a powdered sugar glaze (milk, vanilla and powdered sugar)to glaze them with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...