Sunday, February 7, 2010

General Tsao's Chicken

3/4 cup chicken broth
2 Tbs. Cornstarch
2 Tbs. Sugar
2 Tbs. Soy Sauce
1 Tbs. Vinegar
1/2 Tsp. Ginger (I hate ginger so I have never included it. It's still yummy without it.)
2 Tsp. Oil
2 Green Onion, Chopped
2-3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
1 lb. Chicken Breast, chopped into about 2 inch pieces

In a bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger. Set aside.

Heat oil in wok or large skillet. Add scallions, garlic and pepper flakes and cook about 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook until brown, about 5 minutes.

Add sauce and simmer until the sauce thickens and chicken in cooked through.

Serve over rice.

1 comment:

RPH said...

I love General Tsaos! I usually shy away from Chinese food (the take out kind) because of all the junk in it, consequently I havent had General Tsaos in a while.

I jumped on this recipe and recreated it tonight...it did not disappoint! The sauce was yummy! I added a little extra chili pepper cuz I love the spice.

I doubled up on the veggies and left the meat out of it. We scarfed it down and loved it! Thanks Kobie Jo.

Montis bread is on the adgenda for tomorrow. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...