Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fry Bread

We were in such a hurry to scarf these down, I didnt get a picture. It is from here


1 1/4 cups water
3/4 T salt
3/4 T baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
3 1/2 cups flour

combine in bowl and let rest for 1 hour. Divide into 8 pieces and roll flat. Fry in hot oil. Makes 8.

Serve topped with beans, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, salsa, or any of your favorite toppings. Go meatless by leaving out the ground beef and using beans as your main component. You wont even miss it!

After eating dinner, smother the left over fry bread in butter and top with powdered sugar! YUM!

2 comments:

Becca said...

What kind of oil do you use? I don't have vegetable oil in my house, just olive.

RPH said...

I used canola oil. Not the greatest, I know.

I dont think you can fry stuff in olive oil.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...