Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yummy Salad

I dont even know what this salad is called. I got the recipe from my friend, Camille.All I can say is: this salad is delicious. I gobbled it up and will happily eat it again for lunch tomorrow and the next day and the next and the next...

My kids were even asking for seconds.

It has a few simple ingredients in it, and these two containers
are almost always in my fridge, so it will be a good "go to" meal for us.

You can use any mix of greens you would like. Then add a little feta cheese, craisins, a little red onion, and some nuts if you like (sliced pecans or walnuts)

Whip up your own dressing and you are set:

1 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
1 t dry mustard powder
1 t poppy seeds
salt
pepper

add all ingredients to bowl and whip together. This makes a lot of dressing, you can store the left overs in your fridge or minimize the measurements if you dont want so much

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...