Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Snickerdoodles

I know, some would consider me a food snob...and that is ok. When it comes to certain things, I WILL NOT PURCHASE THEM FROM THE STORE. Frozen dinners, canned soups, and cookies are on the top of my list.

I love to eat cookies, so we make them a lot in this house. I think I have tried every variation of chocolate chip cookie in the world and I love them all.

Here is a new favorite. I was not sure if I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it because it lacked chocolate. But let me tell you, they are soft and chewy and so delicious. Great with a fresh glass of milk.

Thanks Tami for sharing.

Snickerdoodles


1 cup Softened Butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt

For Rolling Cookies:
2 tbsp. Sugar
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°
Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla
In a bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to the wet ingredients. Beat until creamy.
Roll dough into balls and cover entirely with cinnamon and sugar. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK!!!

1 comment:

Kobie said...

Yum! Snickerdoodles is my favorite kind of cookie. I'm going to have to try these.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...