Saturday, May 2, 2009

Breadsticks

I got this recipe from my sister a few years ago and have given up every other breadstick or french bread recipe. These are so fast and easy! They also freeze well. If you have extras throw them in a freezer baggie and when you are ready to use them the next time, just toss them in the microwave for a minute or two.

3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 Tbs. Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 Tbs. Yeast
1 1/4 Cups Warm Water
1/2 cup butter
Garlic Salt
Parmesan Cheese

Mix together water, yeast and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add flour and sugar and mix until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.

Melt butter and pour half onto the bottom of a cookie sheet. Roll out dough and lay on top of butter, streching it until it touches the sides. Cut into slices and top with remaining butter. Sprinkle with Garlic Salt and Parmesan Cheese if desired. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes.

I have also made this with about half the butter (and sometimes even less than that) and they still turn out great. I have also substituted the white flour for wheat and it worked great as well.

3 comments:

Becca said...

This recipe is delicious!!! My whole family loved it and my husband was shocked that I made them. My breadsticks usually don't turn out, but these were so easy to make! Thanks!

RPH said...

Thanks Kobie Jo! I made these last night and they are yummy! And so easy to make!

Rachel said...

I can't wait to try these! I have been trying different breadstick recipes for years and can't get the results I want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...