Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Banana Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins


1 c. sugar
3/4c. oil
1 egg
1 c. mashed banana
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2c. flour
1 3/4c. oats
1 c. chocolate chips

Mix dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and finally fold in the chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 17 minutes.
You can also throw these in the freezer and when you want one just pop it in the microwave until it is warm.

Yesterday I worked on making a healthier version. Here's how I did it:

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup applesauce + 1/4 cup light tasting olive oil
1 egg
1 cup mashed banana
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2-3-4 cup chocolate chips
I also added about 3/4 a cup or so of cooked millet.
They taste great but next time I think that I might add just a little more sugar.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I made these three days ago, instead of putting them in muffin tins, I just spread them out a 9x13 pan, they took a little longer to cook, about 5-7 minutes more, morgan and cade, especially cade LOVED them! Cade ate all of the refrigerated leftovers himself. The funny thing is he thinks he hates oatmeal, I did not tell him there were oats in them. Ha,ha,ah.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...