Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

This was the first thing I made with magic mix. When I made up my own cream of chicken soup, I wondered about its taste. I stuck my finger in the pan and when I licked it clean I was surprised. I could have sat at the table and eaten just the soup. It was flavorful and had a great consistency.

I have posted an enchilada recipe before. And it even had homemade cream of chicken base. This one surpasses it in flavor and texture.

Chicken Enchiladas

You can adjust the portions to what you like, enchiladas are forgiving.

2 cups homemade cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 or 2 cups chicken (adjust to your liking or use how ever much comes out of your can)
1 can green chilis
1 cup cooked brown rice (just use this if you have left overs, omit if its not on hand)
1 cup white beans
grated cheese
12 corn tortillas

mix first 6 ingredients plus a handful of shredded cheese in a bowl. Smear the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with a little bit of the mixture. A thin layer, just enough to keep the tortillas from getting hard or sticking to the pan. Spread 6 tortillas in the bottom of the pan. Spread half the filling over them. Repeat. 6more tortillas, the rest of the chicken mixture and then top with cheese.

Cover and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. serves 6 -8.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...