Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Homemade Granola Bars

I found this recipe on a coupon ladys blog and I tried it today and it was pretty Yummy and very easy. I will post the origianl recipe and you can follow it, or you can tweak it however you want.
I don't really measure, I just eyeball things, but I think as long as you keep the wet to dry ratio the same they should turn out. You can also be creative with your add-ins.

2 1/2 Cups crispy rice cereal
2 cups old fashioned oats
2/3 cups packed brown sugar
2/3 cups honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup packed coconut
1/4 cup mini chocolate morsels (I just used regular chocolate chips)
1/4 cup mini peanuts ( didn't want peanuts, so I used marshmallows instead and it was good.)

In a lorge bowl combine the rice cereal and oatmeal. Grease or line a 9x13 pan.

Mix brown sugar, honey and peanut butter in a small sauce pan. Stir over medium heat until just boiling. Add to the cereal mixture along with the vanilla, cinnamon, salt, peanuts, coconut and chocolate chips.

Press into the prepared pan using a spatula, spoon, or your hands (like I do) Set aside to cool, then cut into bars.

The original recipe said that you could freeze these and put them in small zip lock bags, and then pull them out and they thaw within about an hour. So they are great for lunches.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...