Sunday, March 7, 2010

Croutons

Remember all that Macaroni Grill bread I made for Beckys birthday? I stuck it in the freezer, and finally decided to do something with it!

My boys and I eat a lot of salad, and the boys are partial to croutons in their salad. I made the Rosemary Macaroni Grill bread into croutons, and could not believe how easy it was! If you have a loaf of bread that is getting old or if your family doesnt eat the heels of the bread, you could save them and use them for croutons. So easy, and cheap. And there are no ingredients them that you can not pronounce. (have you ever read the side of the crouton box?)

CROUTONS


1. slice bread into small cubes
2. In a bowl, combine a little olive oil(and any herbs you like, I didnt use any since my bread was already seasoned) and toss bread cubes in it.
3. Spread coated bread on baking sheet.
4. Bake at 250 til crispy, turning occasionally. My pan took about 30 minutes to cook.

You can use these as they are for salad, add some liquid and make stuffing, or put them in the blender and make bread crumbs out of them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...