Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cinnamon rolls


My friend had me over today to show me the ropes of cinnamon roll making. Our kids played great and got out every toy in her house while she and I mixed and measured and talked.

It was therapeutic.

And the end result was PHENOMENAL!!

I have made a lot of cinnamon rolls in my time, this recipe takes the cake. The roll part melts in your mouth and is unbelievably soft.

Usually, I frost cinnamon rolls to alleviate the dryness or denseness of the roll. These needed nothing!

I cant wait for next weekend, I have convinced my sister in law that WE NEED to make these while she is here.

2 cups scalded milk
1/3 cup butter
2 tsp salt
1/3 cup potato flakes
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 eggs
1 T quick rise yeast
Pour in mixer and turn on med/high til smooth
Add:
2 1/2 - 3 cups flour
Let mix about 5 min. The dough will be very runny and sticky. It will look almost like cake batter.
Cover and let rise 1 hour
Roll out and cover with brown sugar and cinnamon
Cut into 12 pieces place on buttered pan and let rise 30 min.
Bake 400 12 - 15 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...