Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies just might be my new favorite. In my opinion, chocolate chip cookies are the only kind of cookie that should be eaten. And since these are filled with good stuff, I dont feel bad about eating a lot of them! We made them small, like chippers, and they turned out perfect!! Kaleb ground some flour for me and we mixed white and red wheat, kamut, and spelt.

Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies

mix together until light and creamy:
1 c soft butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 t. vanilla

then add:
2 cups fresh ground whole wheat flour (or 2 cups of spelt)
2 1/3 cups rolled oats
2 t. baking soda

mix until incorporated then add:
1 pkg. chocolate chips
chopped nuts (if desired)
1/4 cup raw millet

bake 350 for 10-12 minutes. If making them smaller, bake for 6-8 minutes. They turn out soft and chewy and so delicious! We had some fresh goats milk that was ice cold and it was the perfect combination.

This recipe is courtesy of the Enlightened Homemaker, Shari Goodman.

1 comment:

RJ said...

Those sound amazing. I just got my azure standard catalog today! Thanks so much for all your advice I'm so excited. I want to run out and buy a grinder today! And by the way, do you drink all fresh goats milk? And how 'bout any fresh cows milk? The dairy round here charges 12.50 a gallon!!!!! EEEK! But the more I learn the more I'm motivated to find a way...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...