Monday, August 24, 2009

Brownies

We had Andys birthday dinner last night. He requested Aunt Claudines tacos and brownies. I made 45 tacos and some chips and between 8 of us, there was not a crumb left. I knew the tacos would get devoured.

I was nervous about the brownies. I made them from scratch for the first time. Not always a good idea to give something a trial run when you are cooking for a crowd. But to my delight, they turned out great! Andy commented on them and I will never again turn to a box when I want brownies. These were SO EASY, soft and delicious! Thanks to Kobie Jo for sharing her recipe.

Brownies
1 cube butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
2 eggs
1 Tbs. vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder

Cream all ingredients together. Pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan and bake at 350. Check at about 18 minutes. I doubled the recipe and baked them in a 9 x 13 dish. They took about 35 minutes.

1 comment:

Kobie said...

I'm glad you like them! I was worried!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...