Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oven BBQ Chicken

This is so good hot and even better the next day served cold. I usually place the leftovers individually in ziplock bags. They make a quick pick me up and you can eat it with your fingers if it is cold! It is great to put in packed lunches.
This is one of the best chicken recipes I have made (in my opinion) A co worker shared her lunch with me years ago and this was in it. I begged the recipe off her and it is a favorite of mine now.

3 Tbs. ketchup
3 Tbs. white vinegar
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1 Tbs. worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp pepper
6-8 chicken breasts

Mix all ingredients for sauce and dip each piece of chicken in it. Place chicken in foil lined pan (make foil large enough to cover over top of chicken too) Pour left over sauce over the chicken in the pan. Enclose chicken in foil, sealing it tightly to juices wont run out. Bake at 500 for 15 minutes then reduce to 375 and cook for an additional 1 1/2 hours.

This is a great alternative for chicken. I usually have all the spices in my cupboard.

1 comment:

Becca said...

If you haven't tried this recipe you should, it is fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...