Thursday, October 9, 2008

Whole Wheat Bread

I know most of you have a delicious bread recipe. I am only putting this on the blog because I am really not good at making bread and this recipe always turns out for me.
Makes 2 loaves.

2 cups wheat flour
1/3 cup honey (or molasses)
1/3 cup oil
1 TBSP salt
1 TBSP yeast
2 3/4 cups water
4 cups white flour, plus more as needed. (You can do more wheat flour if you want, my kids can only handle so much wheat)

1) Mix and knead at least 10 minutes. ( I just throw mine in my Kitchen Aid for 10 min)
2) Cover and rise until double, usually 1-2 hours.
3) Form loaves and place in greased loaf pans. Rise again until loaves are 1 1/2 times in size, about 30-60 minutes.
4) Bake at 350 for 40 minutes until crust is golden brown. Remove immediately from pans.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...