Monday, September 28, 2009

White rolls

Every week, I make dinner for a group of people attending a parenting class. This week, I made rolls to go with dinner. They are 100% white flour rolls, and they are SO GOOD! They were soft and fluffy and chewy and tasted great! Thanks for the recipe Annett!

Its been forever since I made white rolls, so I had to search my house for white flour, as I usually dont keep it around. I had to bust out the one and only bucket of flour I have in my food storage. If you are just making this recipe for your family (or using a Kitchen Aid), I would suggest halving it. I ended up with a total of 70 rolls. If you do have extra, they freeze well.

WHITE ROLLS

5 c. warm water

3 T. yeast

¾ c. honey

3 T. salt

½ c. powdered milk (this can be omitted without problems)

½ c. potato flakes (this can be omitted without problem if you knead very well)

½ c. oil

4 eggs

Optional: Add any leftover cooked cereal like oatmeal, etc. up to one cup.

Flour till enough (about 14 cups)

Shape into rolls and let rise 1 hour.

Bake 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I am no good at making bread, but these worked! Either I am getting better or this really is such an easy, can't go wrong recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...