Monday, September 28, 2009

Stuffed Pizza

I got the idea for this pizza here. Her website puts me to shame. Her food sounds spectacular and she takes great pictures!

Anyway, here is my version of her stuffed pizza.
I think it turned out pretty good. And we devoured it. It was filled with only vegtables, which made Andy grumble, but he ate a good portion of it anyway!
First off, you know I can not bring myself to buy most premade stuff, so I made my own crust. I used this recipe for the crust:

1 1/2 cup water
1 cup sour dough starter
2 cup spelt flour
1 cup amaranth flour1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon Real salt
3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoon yeast
2 cup white flour
(thanks to the talented Kara for sharing)

I mixed the crust up and let it rest while I picked spinach, peppers, and tomatoes from my garden. Then I chopped them up and steamed some broccoli.

For the inside I used:

1 small crown of broccoli, chopped and steamed
1 small red pepper
2 big handfuls of spinach, cooked on the stove until just wilted
2 tomatoes, chopped
pinch of salt
Ricotta Cheese
5 blend white cheese blend shredded cheese

After I had that all finished, which really was not a lot of work, I assembled the pizza.
I rolled the dough out into 2 9 inch rounds. (i used a 9 inch pie plate) Put one crust on the bottom and them smear some ricotta cheese on the bottom of the crust. Then I added in all the veggies and a bit of salt, and sprinkled a lot of the white cheese blend on top of that. I put the top crust on and sealed all the edges, tearing off any excess dough. I brushed the top with olive oil and sprinkled on some italian seasoning.

Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
Since the crust was enough for 4 medium pizzas and I used the equivalent of 2, I rolled out the extra and made cinnamon sticks with it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...