Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Creamy White Chili

This recipe originated from Shari.
You should take the time to read her post on chicken broth.
I didnt really follow the recipe in exactness. I just threw in what amounts looked good and it was delicious!! I think this recipe can be adapted easily to what you have on hand. If you are the type of person who needs to follow a recipe, go to Sharis blog and follow hers, dont skip this one! It is soooo yum!

Creamy White Chili

1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
few red potatoes, cubed with peels still on (I used 4 pretty big spuds that I dug out of my garden)
1 clove of garlic
4 stalks of celery, chopped
32 oz chicken broth
2 cans of white beans, rinsed and drained
1 small can of green chilis
1/2 cup quinoa
few shakes of cumin
salt and pepper to taste
dollop of sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream

In a large pan, saute onion, potatoes, celery, and garlic. Add chicken broth, spices, and quinoa to pan and bring to a boil. Simmer until potatoes and celery are tender. Remove from heat and add a little sour cream and whipping cream. Stir until combined and serve.

1 comment:

The Burtons said...

I have all the ingredients for this one except for the white beans. I'll make it tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...