Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkin is so good for you, why do we only eat it during the last 3 months of the year? I used a recipe from Martha Stewart as my base, but I switched it up a bit. Here is my version.

PUMPKIN PANCAKES
(with homemade buttermilk syrup and fresh squeezed orange juice makes for some happy kids in the morning!)


I presoaked my grains for these pancakes. Which meant the night before I combine 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour and about 2 cups of kefir. Stir together just to combine and be sure all your flour is wet.

In the morning I added
2 Tbs. honey
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
pinch of cloves
3/4 cup pumpkin
2 eggs

Stir to combine and cook on hot griddle. Top with buttermilk syrup.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...