Monday, May 24, 2010

Green Curry Chicken

I was trying to focus the camera on my beautiful bowl of curry when Holden cheezed and said "take a picture of my food mom" So here is his bowl, naan, and green beans. Doesnt really do the dish any justice but its all I got.There are about a million and one recipes out there for curry. I started with this one because it seemed simple, and it was. It came together quickly and had a "3 out of 5 stars" flavor. I was hoping for something more spicy.

14 oz can coconut milk
1 Tbs. green curry paste
2 chicken breasts diced
4 medium red potatoes, diced
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup chicken stock

combine coconut milk and curry paste in sauce pan and simmer. Add chicken breasts and potatoes. Simmer about 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Add in chicken stock and peas. Warm thru and serve over Jasmine rice.

This dish was not at all spicy. It had a decent flavor, but was not my favorite. I am going to try another recipe in the future because I want something a little more spicy. If you want something with a mild flavor, this is it!

Serve it with naan, the recipe is here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...