Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Homemade granola bars

These are so good! A great alternative to the junk filled granola bars you buy at the store. I have made quite a few granola bar recipes, and finally found one I like. So I have to share it!

The idea for these came from Sisters Cafe. I adapted it just a bit. They turned out so great. We are going to double the recipe and make a big batch tomorrow.

1/2 cup butter, softened (I had to add a few extra TBS to make it all stick together)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups rolled 9 grain cereal
1/2 cup rice krispy cereal
1/4 cup coconut
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup ground flax or wheat germ (can omit if you dont have)

Cream butter, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add rest of ingredients to bowl and mix well.

Press into an 8 x 8 pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Cool completely at cut into bars. YUMMMM!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...