Wednesday, November 11, 2009

THE BEST dinner rolls

Whoa doggie! These rolls are delicious! I found a recipe on line and adjusted and adjust and changed until they were finally perfect (in my opinion). I could eat 5 of these for dinner and forget everything else on my plate.

Dinner Rolls

1 1/4 cup warm water
1 Tbs. yeast
1/2 cup sugar
4 Tbs. butter, softened
3 eggs
1/3 cup powdered milk
About 6 cups flour

Combine water and yeast, set aside.

In mixer combine sugar, butter, eggs, powdered milk, and about 4 cups of flour. Slowly pour in yeast mixture. Mix until incorporated. Then add enough flour til dough pulls from the sides and the bowl is clean. The dough will be soft and a little sticky. Knead for about 4 minutes. Cover and let raise in bowl til doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours. (this is important, if you dont let them raise long enough they will be dense and crumbly) Punch down and shape into rolls. Let raise another hour or so. Bake 350 for 14 minutes or until brown. Brush with melted butter when they are fresh out of the oven.

Eat 10 of them and enjoy every bite! If you shaped these into traditional rolls, they would be yummy with homemade jam on them or even used for a little turkey sandwich!

*If I make these rolls in the winter, I turn my oven on to 350 and set the dough in a bowl on top the stove while it raises. Its just enough warmth to encourage the raising process. I know this means I have to leave my oven on for more than 3 hours, but I dont mind in the cold months. If the dough does not get a little warm, it will not raise, so just setting the dough on the counter does not work for me. Its important to get it warm, but NOT HOT so dont stick it in the oven even at a low temperature.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...