Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bread

I know. I post a ton of recipes for bread.

Bread used to be a daunting task for me. I could rarely get a batch to turn out, so I never wanted to make it.

Now I have found a few fool proof recipes. They work great and I think they deserve to be shared. I got this from a friend who is a master bread maker.

I made some substitutions in this recipe and it still worked very well. I will post what I used.

6 c. water
2 T. yeast
2 T. salt
2/3 c. oil (I used coconut oil)
2/3 c. honey
2 cups whole flax seed, ground (I just dumped it into my grinder and ground it along with the wheat)
1 egg (I used this in place of dough enhancer)
Flour till enough (about 15 cups. I used about 9 cups of my fresh ground white wheat and flax mix. 3 cups of ground red wheat and the remainder was good ole Gold Medal white flour. I kept running out of flour! But the mixture seemed to work well. I think any combination will work, this recipe was meant to use all whole wheat flour. Just keep adding it til the dough pulls away from the bowl. again, about 15 cups)

Let rise one hour.

Make into four loaves.

Let loaves rise 30 minutes.

Bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...