Sunday, April 26, 2009

Baked Oatmeal

I got the original recipe for this from Rachels blog

This makes a big pan, if you have a smaller family you could half it and do it in a 9 x 9 pan. We ate it hot for breakfast and then had it later in the day as a snack and I think it tasted even better cold.

My kids and I eat oatmeal a lot, this is a yummy variation. Even Andy, who detests oatmeal, scarfed some down!

I switched the recipe just a bit. The original can be found at Rachels food blog (see above link)



I wanted to snap a quick picture of this before I served it up. Apparently Holden thought I was getting a shot of him. See his little squinty face in the back? I think he liked this the most, he ate 2 more pieces than I did!!

Baked Oatmeal

1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 cups 9 grain cereal (or regular oats)
1 cup raisins (or craisins)

Mix all together. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon, if you'd like. (I skipped this) Refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, put it in a cold oven and set it at 350 degrees. Bake about 40 minutes.
This is a little cake like, not like regular oatmeal.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Cool- 9 grain cereal, eh? I might have to try that. I really don't like hot cereals, so hadn't thought of it... since I never have anything like that in the house. But I bet Brian would like it.
And I just figured out who you are- kind of slow. LOL Glad you're doing your own food blog- looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...