Friday, June 3, 2011

Banana Bread

Fist off, banana bread is SO FUN to make with kids, my boys love all the smashing and squiching of the bananas! But waiting an entire hour from start to eating is taxing. My kids asked a zillion times if the bread was done and they watched it in the oven while it rose, remarking every 37 seconds that it looked done!
Banana Nut Bread

1/2 c. oil (I used coconut)
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 bananas (smashed)
2 c. flour (I used a mix of whole wheat, spelt, kamut, and buckwheat)
1 t. soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 t. baking powder
3 T. milk
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. nuts (you can omit the nuts if your family doesnt like them)
bake at 350 for 45 min to 1 hour

( I test with a tooth pick if it doesn't look done, sometimes it doesnt)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...