Friday, January 14, 2011

Basic Pancakes and Syrup

My all-time favorite breakfast is whole wheat pancakes with a glass of milk.  I hope they have that in heaven.  But as for my husband, he loves his Bisquick pancakes.  Eww!  I can't even stomach them.  I have to give him credit though because he hates store bought syrup and is all about homemade. 

In an effort to give the Bisquick box the boot, I found an easy alternative.  I can have the dry ingredients ready to go and all my husband will have to do is throw in the wets.  It's just as simple as using Bisquick.

Easy Pancakes
1-1/2 cups flour
3-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbs sugar
1-1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tbs butter, melted

In a bow, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.  Create a well and add wet ingredients.  Whisk until smooth.  Cook as usual.

And because I didn't know how to make basic maple syrup {nor did I know people even made it!} until my husband taught me after we got married, I'm including that too.

Maple Syrup

1 cup sugar
1/2 water
1/2 tsp mapeline extract

Mix it all together and boil.

Now there is no excuse to ever use a boxed mix or store bought syrup again!

2 comments:

Sally Jackson said...

I love homemade pancakes, too. Every time we spend holidays at my husbands parents house I want to gag because they buy bisquick, WHY??? It takes 2 mins to whip up some delicious, and tasty pancakes!

The Burtons said...

Ooow! I've never made homemade maple syrup before. I'm going to give it a try! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...