Monday, April 19, 2010

Hawaiian BBQ Sauce

My husband and I love to eat at a Hawaiian place whenever we travel to the Phoenix area.  On Saturday night I was so hungry for it that searched and searched the Internet for a copycat recipe.  I ended up finding a recipe for Hawaiian BBQ Sauce that although, not a match was totally yummy!  I didn't have everything that it called for, so I subsituted and it was still a hit with my family.  Here is my version:

2/3 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons ginger, minced*

Add everything to a small saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.  Remove from heat and let cool.

*I left the ginger out but if you do want to use it don't add it until everything has simmered for 10 minutes and you have removed it from the heat.

I used this sauce on chicken, but you could use it on pretty much anything.  For the chicken, I pounded it pretty thin and seasoned it with a little Lawry's Seasoning Salt, then brushed each side generously with the sauce.  While grilling I continued to baste. 

The result was totally moist, flavorful chicken.  I served mine over rice with steamed veggies.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...