Friday, June 26, 2009

Goulash

I am such a creative cook.(insert sarcasm)

Yesterday, it was 5:30 pm and we were still outside playing before I realized the time. I had to scramble to pull something together for dinner.

I searched my fridge and found some ground turkey, tomato sauce, fresh cherry tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, corn, and cooked quinoa. With some whole wheat pasta noodles in the cupboard, I was set for a fast dinner. I cooked up the noodles, chopped the veggies, dumped everything together and (I think) ended up with goulash.

My kids devoured it.

I am not sure what the exact recipe for goulash is. I could probably google it. Here is a basic idea:

noodles
tomato sauce
meat
veggies
salt and pepper to taste

combine in any quantities and warm up. It was fast and easy and balanced. Carbs, protein, and vegetables. Easy Peasy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...