Monday, December 12, 2011

Jello Cookies

These cookies remind me of my childhood. I remember making them with my mom and I had the most important job of all, smashing the cookies with a glass. Here is my mom showing my boys the proper technique

These cookies are full of memories and good times for me. We used to make them red and green. Lots of festive fun!

1/2 c. butter
1 3 oz. pkg jello (strawberry makes red and lime will make green)
1/2 c. sugar
blend together then add egg & flour mixture
2 eggs
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour

Heat oven to 375 F
roll dough into balls place apart on the cookie sheet, flatten each with bottom of glass dipped in sugar or jello. Dont smash them too flat, they will get crispy and burn.
Bake 6-8 minutes

1 comment:

Kobie said...

Woo hoo! Look at that bokeh!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...